- Alerting the international community as well as the Egyptian authorities
- Demands for inscription as a protected heritage
(National, World Monuments Watch, UNESCO World Heritage Centre)
- Publication of various articles (Docomomo Review etc.)
- Organizing an international Expertise mission to New Gourna (January 2009) - Expertise report on the State of conservation
- Participating in the First Mediterranean Conference on Earth Architecture (Cagliari 13-16 March 2009)
- Initiating an international petition for the safeguarding of New Gourna
- Participating in the Hassan Fathy Symposium at the Biblioteca Alexandrina (Alexandria, 28 octobre 2009)
Fortunately all these endeavors have led to the following results:
- The Inscription of New Gourna on the World Monuments Watch List
- A UNESCO expertise mission on site to evaluate the possibilities of a restoration project (this coming December)
If New Gourna village was to be considered by UNESCO World Heritage Centre as part of the World Heritage site of Thebes, this would insure the protection of this outstanding cultural heritage.
The Association is extremely pleased with these positive outcomes which will hopefully put an end to the degradation process and damages which New Gourna has been suffering for the past decades.
However, our mission is more than ever ongoing! Indeed, if New Gourna was the first step in safeguarding the heritage of Hassan Fathy, many of Hassan Fathy's remaining works are today severly endangered and SAVE THE HERITAGE OF HASSAN FATHY shall pursue its efforts to protect the heritage of this remarkable architect.